Monday, October 10, 2011

Amanuensis Monday - Elizabeth (Rudy) Greenawalt's Will

The Last Will of Elizabeth Greenawalt, deceased,

In the name of God amen.

I Elizabeth Greenawalt of Barree township Huntingdon county, Pa being in good health of body and of sound and disposing mind praise be to God for the same.  And being desirous to settle my worldly affairs while I have strength and capacity so to do, do make and publish this my last will and testament hereby revoking all former wills made by me heretofore and first principally I commit my soul into the hands of my creator who gave it and my body to the Earth to be intered in the bury ground of st stevens beside by Last Husband and as to such worldly affairs where with it hath pleased God to intrust me to dispose of the same as followeth Infirmeries I will that all such Just debts as shall be by me owing at my death together with funeral expenses and all charges touching the proving of or otherwise concerning this my will shall in the first place paid out of the real estate and from and after payment thereof and subject there unto then.  My will is that all the residue of my chattels merchandise and household furniture shall be independently appraised and after such appraisement that the same shall be divided into four equal parts to my daughter Barbara Wilson one forth also the Bea----. To my son John Evertts one fourth (if he is not living when I come to dye his share is to be divided between his sisters & Brother)[within parentheses was crossed out] to my son George Everetts one forth to my Daughter Margaret Wilson one fourth to my grand child Seibert Johnston I give & bequeath to him the contents left in the spare room upstairs Also the cookstove this property will not be praised that is left to Seibert Johnston. I also give & bequeath my last husbands children Kate Myton Hetty Frye Graffius Greenawalt Elizabeth Pen & John Everts son & daughter of Nicholas Evetts descd on Dollar each after the expenses of my funeral and debts is all paid out of what I claim in the farm which is about three hundred dollars.  I want equally divided among my first children share & share alike I do here by nominate constitute and appoint C C Kocher of Barree township Huntigdon co Executor of this my will hereby revoking and making void all former wills by me at any time made and declare this only to be my last will and testament in witness where of I have this day set my hand seal this 3rd day of July 1894
                                                                                Elizabeth Greenawalt, her seal

[Source:  Family History Library microfilm #854237]

Elizabeth's will mentions her last husband, John Greenawalt; burial in St. Stephen's Church Cemetery; children with first husband, Philip Everts:  Barbara Wilson, John Evertts, George Everts and her deceased son's, Nicholas Everts, children - John Everts and Elizabeth Penn; child from relationship: Margaret Wilson; and children with John Greenawalt:  Kate Myton, Hetty Frye, Graffius Greenawalt, and deceased daughter's, Arminta Johnston, son - Seibert Johnston.

No comments:

Post a Comment