Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Susannah (Dice) Rodenberger Anderson

I mentioned Susannah's obituary in yesterday's post.  On a research trip to Vigo and Clay Co, IN, I visited the Indiana State Archives in Indianapolis.  I didn't allow for enough time (only had two hours before my flight), but found one of my main goals - Susannah's obituary on microfilm of the Democrat, Brazil, IN on Feb. 2, 1888.


"Died, at her home, at this place, Sunday night last, of general debility, Mrs. Susanna Anderson, aged 80 years 4 months and twenty days; funeral services, Tuesday at 10 o'clock, conducted by Rev. T. Calvin Stewart.  The deceased was a native of Canada, born near Lundy's Lane, 1807.  She was the mother of Moses Rodenberger of this city, and aunt to F. W. Schromyer."

My cousin, and fellow Rodenberger/Dice/Spring/Moreland researcher, Ray found Susannah and Samuel Rodenberger's marriage record on microfilm from the Family History Library - marriage records of Montgomery Co, Ohio. The recording is the last on the page "20th of March 1829"





No comments:

Post a Comment