Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tombstone Tuesday - John Wesley Johnston

John Wesley Johnston, son of Irvin and Christina (Nelson) Johnston, was born in August 1846 in Pennsylvania and died 16 May 1907 in Minneapolis, Hennepin Co, Minnesota.  He married Mary Elizabeth Porter about 1867 in Pennsylvania.  Wesley and Lizzie had four children:  Elmer Porter, James Edwin, William Howard, and Ida Mable.

J. W. Johnston (1846 - 1907)
Lakewood Cemetery, Minneapolis, Hennepin Co, Minnesota
Wesley J Johnston
Lakewood Cemetery burial
[Source:  MN Historical Society]
Lakewood Cemetery, Minneapolis, Minnesota
James E. Johnston, age 72, died Apr 9, 1943
 J. Wesley Johnston, age 59, died May 16, 1907
Mary E. Johnston, age 89, died Dec 13, 1934
Beatrice Johnston age 12, died Feb. 13, 1919

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I can't resist commenting, because John Wesley Johnston is my second-great-grandfather. I'm descended from Elmer. I have some (not much, but some) documentation and photos from this family, but they're a mess. So...stay tuned, and I'll be in touch when I have my act together.

    ReplyDelete