Monday, November 7, 2011

Amanuensis Monday - Bond of Paul Rodenberger

As a follow-up to the October 24, 2011 Letters of Guardianship post, here is the Bond of Paul Rodenberger Guardian of the Minor Heirs of Paul & SW Rodenberger.
No. 438
Court of Common Pleas, Clay County.
Bond of Paul Rodenberger Guardian of the Minor Heirs of Paul & SW Rodenberger, deceased.
Filed Apl 18' 1873; Recorded in Record of Guardian's Bonds, No. 3, page 4D
[Source:  Clay Co. Court House, Brazil, Indiana]


     We, Paul Rodenbarger, H. Wheeler and Dillon W. Bridges are bound unto THE STATE OF INDIANA in the sum of Eight Hurndred dollars, for the payment of which, we bond ourselves, jointly and severally firmly by these presents.  Sealed and dated this the 16th day of April, 1873.
     If the above bound Paul Rodenbarger will faithfully discharge his duties as Guardian of the person and property of John E., Carry N. - Paul W. - Cassius L. - Martha A. - Benjamin S. and Mary Rodenbarger minor heirs of Paul & Sarah W. Rodenbarger, deceased[x-ed out], then the above obligation is to be void, else to remain in full force.
                                                         Paul Rodenberger seal
                                                         H. Wheeler           seal
                                                         D. W. Bridges      seal
     Approved by me the 18th day of April, 1873.
                                                         Geo E Hubbard, Clerk of the Court of Clay County.

THE STATE OF INDIANA, Clay COUNTY, SS:
     I, Paul Rodenbarger, swear that I will honestly and faithfully discharge the duties of my trust as Guardian of ther person and property of John E. Rodenbarger, Carry N. Rodenbarger, Paul W. Rodenbarger, Cassius L. Rodenbarger, Martha A. Rodenbarger, Benjamin S. Rodenbarger & Mary Rodenbarger minor heirs of Paul & Sarah W. Rodenbarger, according to law; so help me, God.
                                                         Paul Rodenberger
     Subscribed and sworn to before me, this 18th day of April, 1873.
                                                         Isaac M. Compton, Notary Public.




The State of Indiana, Clay County, SS:
     I, H. Wheeler, swear that I am worth in real estate in Clay County, Indiana over and above my indebtednefs One Thousand dollars, so I believe; so help me, God.
                                                        H. Wheeler
     Subscribed and sworn to before me, this 16th day of April, 1873.
                                                        I. M. Compton, Notary Public

The State of Indiana, Clay County, SS:
     I, Dillon W. Bridges, swear that I am worth in real estate in Clay County, Indiana over and above my indebtednefs _____________, so I believe; so help me, God.
                                                        _____________
     Subscribed and sworn to before me, this ___ day of _____, 18__.
                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment